My shopping cart
Your shopping cart is empty
Total
News

Pedro Domingos Interview

07 Dec 2021Human ResourcesClientsSociprime
Entrevista Pedro Domingos 0

"It is a market that is constantly evolving and strategically at Sociprime to respond to customer demands and to always be at the forefront of best practices, we have to constantly seek the best human and technological tools."

1. How did the opportunity to join the Sociprime project arise? And when did it happen?

In 2014 I was proposed by Sociprime's Administration to embrace a huge challenge which was the opening of Sociprime Angola, a project that I immediately accepted despite being aware of the great difficulty that was the implementation of a company of this type in the Angolan market. Sociprime Angola was for me both personally and professionally the most challenging and at the same time the most incredible project I have ever embraced. In a very short time we managed to become market leaders, conquer the main clients of that country and create a unique work team. In 2016 I moved to Spain where I am still the Managing Director for Spain.

2. How is the leadership of a delegation with international headquarters done?

As Sociprime is a company with 25 years of experience, we have a tested and consolidated work base in order to apply 80% of what we do in Portugal in other markets, then the remaining 20% is our adaptation to the country and the Spanish market. The close communication between Portugal and Spain within Sociprime makes the weight and responsibility of this position much lighter.

3. What are the main challenges in the Spanish market?

Contrary to what happened in Portugal and Angola in which Sociprime arrived in the market at the right moment in order to conquer its space more quickly, the Spanish market is a very mature market with companies in our sector very consolidated and our entry requires little by little gaining the confidence of brands and large stores in order to grow in a sustained manner.

4. What are the main services that brands look for?

The main services that brands look for are Replenishment, Promotion and Fixed Team Management (Point of Sale Managers), and Sociprime Spain is more focused on the management of fixed teams.

5. What are the strategic challenges for Sociprime in the Spanish market?

It is a market that is constantly evolving and strategically Sociprime, in order to respond to customer demands and to always be at the forefront of best practices, we have to constantly seek the best human and technological tools. The quality of service is something very important for Sociprime and more and more the price has a significant weight for our customers, trying to maintain the quality that characterizes us at the price the customer demands is undoubtedly a constant challenge.

6. What are the main challenges you foresee for the future of this sector in Spain?

The main challenges that we foresee for the future of this sector are undoubtedly the evolution of intelligent supermarkets where people are starting to be replaced by machines, which will affect both the level of restocking, promotion and GPV in the store visit, and also the increasing weight of online shopping where the customer stops visiting the store and everything is done by computer. I think these are the two main challenges in the medium and long term.

 

Pedro Domingos | General Manager Spain

Other news

We are dynamic and restless. Follow all the activity , of Sociprime in the Media section.

Coca-Cola faz 45 anos em Portugal com 99,2% das embalagens recicláveis
29 set 2022

Coca-Cola faz 45 anos em Portugal com 99,2% das embalagens recicláveis

Director-General says that the multinational contributed, in 2021, with 418 million euros to the Portuguese economy. Despite the conjuncture, it grew in the first half of the year.

Clients
Read more +
Nespresso summer campaign with Alessandra Ambrósio
15 jul 2022

Nespresso summer campaign with Alessandra Ambrósio

The brand's new iced coffees pay homage to the best-known drink in Brazil, the caipirinha.

Clients
Read more +
Maria Guimarães Interview
23 mai 2022

Maria Guimarães Interview

Maria Guimarães, Nespresso promoter, tells us a little about her work with Sociprime.

Human ResourcesClientsSociprime
Read more +